JOHN BURNS PRIMARY SCHOOL
36 hours per week. Overtime maybe required
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm (break 12:30pm to 1:45pm Monday to Thursday and 12:30pm to 2:00pm Friday)
All Year Round, non-residential
Required as soon as possible
We are a committed and supportive school with a strong inclusive ethos, where children are at the heart of everything we do.
The school’s Governors wish to appoint a conscientious and hard-working Premises Officer. You will maintain excellent, friendly relationships with children, staff and visitors and keep the school safe, clean and in good repair. This position is available to start from September 2021. Any job offer is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references/health check and 6 months probationary period.
Our children have asked that our new Premises Officer ” is good at fixing things, will not get cross when balls land on the roof and will help us make our school look even better”.
Duties will include:
• Security, minor repairs, painting, building shelves and general maintenance of school
• Performing emergency cleaning
• Where necessary calling in contractors
• Monitoring the work of outside contractors
• Procuring quotations for contracts
• As an emergency key holder, call outs to school site (including school house) to deal with emergencies
• Health and Safety Risk Assessment / Fire Risk Assessment and Electrical Safety testing (PAT)
• Carrying out checks, monitoring and completing paperwork for Health and Safety aspects of the post including asbestos, COSHH and legionella’s, as well as keeping an up to date inventory of school assets.
• Keeping outdoor areas (all playground areas) swept and power washed
• Ensuring inside school building is clean and free from hazards
• Flexibility and reliability
• Strong oral, written and numeracy skills.
• Committed to delivering high service standards.
• Experience of working in a school or similar environment.
• Self motivated and innovative.
• An understanding of Health and Safety regulations and their application
• Demonstrate ability to organise and manage a diverse workload
• A good team player with a cheerful disposition with an eye for detail.
• Proven record of effective and strong commitment to equal opportunities.
• IT skills
• Have practical experience of painting, carpentry, plumbing and other types of repairs and maintenance
• Experience of working to a budget and monitoring expenditure against this
• First Aid qualification or willing to train as a first aider
To apply please download the documents including the Application
Form from the Wandsworth Council website which can be found
via the ‘visit website’ button at the top of this page.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email .
If you have not heard from us by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date: Wednesday 27 September 23 (at midday)
Interviews: week commencing 02 October 23
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
This post is subject to DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
JOHN BURNS PRIMARY SCHOOL
21 Wycliffe Road, London SW11 5QR
Headteacher: Mr Brian Grogan