We are recruiting for an experienced PA to the Head Teacher for a primary school in South East London. This is a maternity leave cover.
The current PA starts her maternity leave on 19th June. so we would like for someone to start a bit earlier so that the current PA can complete a handover.
The last day of school will be 21st July and then back in September for the new academic year. This is a 36 hour (term time only, 39 weeks) plus 5 days
Key Focus of role
To ensure that a confidential and professional PA service is provided to the Headteacher, DeputyHeadteachers and the Senior Leadership Team to include, but not limited to, diary management,preparation for meetings, straightforward correspondence and reports, note taking, recruitmentadministration, confidential filing systems and provision of hospitality as required. You will contribute tothe overall ethos and aims of the school, being aware of and supporting difference, ensuring equalopportunities for all
• To be responsible for the effective management and running of the Headteacher’s and SLT’s administration systems and all that this implies, devising new systems or revising systems as required.
• To provide an efficient and confidential secretarial/administrative service to the Headteacher, managing all business and events as they happen on a daily basis.
• To line manage the PA to SLT.
• To deal with correspondence to the Headteacher, sorting and distributing to other staff where appropriate and drafting responses where possible.
• To welcome and look after external visitors on behalf of the Headteacher and ensure refreshments are available and provided.
• To screen telephone calls and queries to the Headteacher and direct these to the appropriate person, logging the information as necessary.
• To attend meetings and take accurate minutes as required by the Headteacher.
I do have a full and comprehensive JD for this assignment. Should you be interested in this position and would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact me :