Teaching Personnel are looking for enthusiastic and child-centred teaching assistants in the Sheffield area. An opportunity has arisen to gain valuable classroom experience in a Primary School in Sheffield staring in September, to support a range of year groups, whilst earning a great dayily rate dependant on experience.
The incoming teachin assistant will be expected support lessons across a range of subject areas across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, whilst managing behaviour and ensuring tasks are completed by students. The successful candidate will also be required to monitor pupil’s progression in tasks and identify where further support is needed.
Level 3 teaching assistant qualification or simular as well as previous experience working within schools or with young people is desirable, but not essential.
Suitable candidates will:
• Have an optimistic approach, be enthusiastic and above all hold a strong commitment to young people and their learning.
• Be resilient and have good behaviour management skills within the classroom.
• Be able to provide support across a diverse range of subjects.
• The ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Be organised and have knowledge of school routines.
• Be able to hold good relationships with staff, students and parents.
• Be flexible across year groups and adapt to different situations where necessary.
• Have a strong understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures.
Teaching Personnel can offer you:
• Weekly pay through the PAYE system.
• Independently control your own online diary.
• Flexible working and staff support from our office in order to accommodate that.
• Possible opportunities to gain contracted work through schools you have visited.
• Discounted online training courses.
• Interview and trial day guidance to prepare for success at interviews and trial days.
For more information, contact the Sheffield Primary Branch on or email .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see faqs for details.