Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Head of Modern Foreign Languages MFL
Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
Full Time, 27.5 hours a week
Inner London £34,502 – £53,482 (MPS-UPS)
What skills and experience we’re looking for
• Actively contribute to the School’s achievement culture
• Share our common vision, values and ethos
• To ensure that attainment and progress of all pupils in all year groups within the department are outstanding.
• To support the MFL teaching team at all times in all aspects of the post.
• To liaise with fellow middle leaders & the school senior leadership to ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost-effective curriculum programme which complements the School Improvement Plan/School Evaluation.
• To deliver the KS3 MFL curriculum in accordance with the national curriculum and GCSE Spanish/French.
• To innovate and encourage innovation in curriculum and pedagogy, supported by the Leadership Group to ensure all pupils are stretched and challenged.
• To keep up to date with and respond to national developments in the subject area and teaching practice and methodology.
What the school offers its staff
Our Lewisham Secondary School is a fantastic place to work with motivated and well-behaved pupils, a committed and experienced governing body, dedicated staff and supportive parents.
Please note that as a school, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time. All applicants must have a Qualified Teacher Status awarded by the British Department of Education.
We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. You will have a safeguarding responsibility if appointed. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service and employment will be subject to references. This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To apply for this opportunity, send your detailed CV to Clarus Education now to be considered. We will be contacting those shortlisted within 48 hours of an application.
Please see our website page headed ‘About’ and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.