Geography Teacher / Geography ECT – Harrow
A large Secondary School in the London Borough of Harrow is looking to appoint a Geography Teacher / Geography ECT.
The school wants nothing less than a great education for all of its pupils, upholding core values of integrity, courage, community and mastery. The school environment is a place where pupils can become confident, articulate and culturally aware young adults. With a team of dedicated staff, pupils are able to pursue careers they are passionate about, contribute to society and live happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
The school is committed to ensuring that teachers can focus on teaching and have the opportunity to refine and develop their practice in the classroom and develop their leadership skills. The school are looking for a passionate and talented Geography Teacher / Geography ECT to join their team!
Applications are welcomed from experienced Geography Teachers looking for a new opportunity and career progression, and also Geography ECTs, with a bespoke induction package on offer.
If this sounds like the perfect Geography Teacher / Geography ECT role for you, please read below!
Job Details – Geography Teacher / Geography ECT
• Geography Teacher / Geography ECT
• Teaching Geography to KS3 & 4 students
• Opportunities to teach in KS5 if confident and desirable
• Inspiring young minds and raising attainment in Geography
• Planning and delivering engaging lessons to inspire a love of learning
• Full time and permanent position – employed by the school
• Inner London pay scale
• MPS1 £34,502 – UPS3 £53,482
• Located in London Borough of Harrow
Person Specification – Geography Teacher / Geography ECT
• Must hold UK QTS
• ECTs welcome to apply – bespoke ECT induction
• Experienced Geography Teachers with passion and talent for the subject
• Strong academic background including degree, A levels & GCSEs
• Advocate for your subject and forward thinking
• Graded ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ in recent lesson observations / performance management
• Ambition and determination to strive for excellence
• Creative mind and high aspirations
• A ‘can do’ approach and positive attitude to innovation and change
• You must be able to work effectively as part of a team
• Graded ‘Good’ in most recent Ofsted
• Innovative & unique 6th Form
• High quality alternatives to A levels – Professional Pathways
• High expectations for students and staff across the school
• Very high quality CPD on offer
• Strong track record of developing middle leaders
• Subject specific enrichment opportunities
• Good personal development for pupils
• Partnerships with external experts
• Located in the Borough of Harrow
The Headteacher is keen to interview ASAP, so apply NOW for this fantastic Geography Teacher / Geography ECT position.
We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. You will have a safeguarding responsibility if appointed.
The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service and employment will be subject to references.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Apply for this Geography Teacher / Geography ECT opportunity by sending your CV to Clarus Education. You will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted)!
Please see our website page headed ‘About’ and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
Geography Teacher / Geography ECT – Career progression opportunities – Harrow