East Grinstead, Sussex
You will have a real passion for food, working with a great team, and for a company who has a
genuine drive to delight their customers.
As well as having excellent presentation and communication skills, you will be friendly,
approachable and possess bags of enthusiasm.
– To support the team in the delivery of all services, including the serving of food, engaging with customers, replenishing stock, and cleaning of all areas.
– Maintain and contribute to delivering and continuously improving company standards.
– To ensure that all legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law and Food Safety Law.
– Ensure all allergen control procedures and processes are followed and any accidents are reported.
£12.16 per hour
Based in the Heart of the Sussex Countryside – Brambletye School, East Grinstead. RH19 3PD
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you passionate about food?
We have a fantastic opportunity for you as a General Catering Assistant to join the team at one of our superb independent schools in East Grinstead.
Brambletye School is a thriving co-educational boarding and day school for children aged 2 to 13 in the heart of the Sussex countryside. Catering for 350 students and teachers daily. We offer a core feeding of breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and supper. We get to show off our talents when delivering hospitality and also offer match teas on a weekly basis. This is a term-time only contract, working 40.4 weeks of the year covering a few holiday clubs. Shifts can be flexible, and you will be working on a rota that includes weekend work.
Additional benefits to this role include:
– Free parking
– Free meal on-site
– Excellent discount packages for childcare, shopping, leisure and travel
– Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
– Becoming part of the Brambletye family.
– Flexible with a can-do attitude, customer-focused
– Have excellent organisational skills
– Demonstrate great attention to detail
– Be a team player, and enjoy succeeding as a team
– Possess great customer service skills
– Have a flexible approach to work
As a Holroyd Howe colleague working as a General Catering Assistant at Brambletye, you will be
entitled to a variety of benefits including:
– £12.16 per hour
– 30 hours per week
– Term time only role
– 5.6 weeks holiday
– HAPI benefits (discounts at supermarkets, restaurants, cinema, gyms etc)
– Cycle to work scheme
– HIT Apprenticeships for all experience levels
– Reward & recognition schemes
– People awards to celebrate our employees
– Employee Assistance Program
– Recommend a friend scheme
– Team events scheduled throughout the year
Holroyd Howe is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd
Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a
Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide
appropriate information regarding their criminal offences.
This appointment is offered on the return of satisfactory professional references