We are currently recruiting for a highly professional and ambitious college and as a result of a pending retirement, we are currently looking for an experienced Accountancy Tutor.
This company are offering an excellent package of up to £35000, with 25 days+ bank holidays, career progression and supportive management culture.
The apprenticeship programmes that this college deliver are up to level 4 and have been developed by employers and approved by the government. The new apprenticeship standards are proving very popular and include the delivery of the AAT Training Programmes
Presently all delivery is being carried out using a blended delivery model, which involves face to face and in a virtual learning environment.
Summary of duties of the Accountancy Tutor/ Trainer will include:
• Delivery of the Accounting Apprenticeship programme to outstanding standard using a variety of different methods which include classroom settings and remote learning platforms.
• Design lesson plans, schemes of work and training resources to meet the needs of learners.
• Deliver consistently outstanding theory, practical and coaching sessions with an Accountancy focus, incorporating an effective range of learning methods that enable outstanding learning outcomes for students.
• Formulate and maintain individual learning plans
• Deliver high-quality teaching, learning and assessment and this will include vocational and technical skills training.
• Deliver outstanding learning, using creative learning strategies that will inspire and engage students to reach their full potential.
• Provide students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goals.
• Mark and assess students’ work, providing feedback that supports students to improve.
• Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students in your course.
• Liaise with delivery colleagues and other support services to monitor and review individual student attendance, progress and achievement, identifying possible barriers to effective learning and ensuring appropriate intervention to help them overcome these barriers.
• Working to specific quality and completion of targets
• Organise and maintain documentation on learners’ progress.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required for an AAT Tutor/Lecturer
• Ideally hold a recognised Teaching Qualification such as Award in Education and Training or PTLLS alongside an Accountancy Qualifications e.g. AAT, CIMA, ACCA, at Level 4 or above
• Extensive experience within an Accountancy field is essential
• A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
• Experience in working with Apprentices as well as class-based learners
• Experience in curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
• Previous Teaching or Tutoring within Accountancy up to level 4 would be highly desirable
• Knowledge and experience of using Video platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom is essential
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory references
For more information, please contact Pertemps Work-Based Learning and Skills division on